Monday, November 15, 2004

back to work

I'm heading back to work tonight after having to take time off for my daughter being sick... for my sons tests.. and because of my migraines.. God be with me it sure has been a tough time of late... i can only figure that satan is trying to bring me down because i am becoming closer and closer to my Daddy in heaven...

In my reading of the bible last night i am working on reading 2 Kings.. not an easy book of the bible to get through but i shall do it... just need to take my time and concentrate on what i am reading...

Will be working til midnight tonight and sounds like they will be putting me mainly on second and thirds shifts which is fine with me.. not really a morning person and most evenings i will have time for my children because i will mainly be working 3rd shift.. i work 2 jobs right now picking up a third one... the main job that brings a check in every 2 weeks i work at a gas station.. the other one is my agency i work for as a cna and i am going to be hired onto another agency too... those i get paid for when i work and it is almost tripled my pay of what i get at the gas station.. but it is not steady and they can never garentee you the hours... and to be totally honest with you.. working at the gas station is a nice break then working in nursing homes all the time although i do love my residents it can be hard when you go in each day to help them through until they die... is a hard thing when you get attached to them to have to go through... even harder for the families but they have lived a long life and they are ready to go.. you always know when they are ready to go....

anyway.. done babbling and God be with you all.. prayers and luv.. myangeleyes3

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I know what you mean about those books early in the OT that are all about geneologies and stuff like that. I struggle through them too. I went on this focus where I was reading the Bible, word for word, cover to cover in several translations. I too struggled through those sections. But, they can speak to you. As I was going through this I was starting to be drawn in the direction of ministry. The hook that I am to do this...looking through my childhood Bible, I had something highlighted in (are you ready for this?) CHRONICLES! Probably the most boring two books of the Bible and I had highlighted a passage! They speak to you, we just have to be ready to listen.

11:34 AM  
Blogger my_angel_eyes3 said...

You are correct as i know you are... sometimes i have to reread what i have read a few times until it sinks in.. or i read whole chapters over because i got lost or lost my focus.. yet kept skimming the words... thank you for commenting.. prayers and luv.. Jenny

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home