Saturday, July 23, 2005

Suicide Heaven or hell?

There is some debate on whether you will end up in Heaven or if you will go to hell for taking your life. Lets see if we can find out what the Bible says about it.

First off we will start with the people in the bible that did commit suicide in some form..

Abimelech did in Judges 9:54

54Then he called hasitly unto the young man his armourbearer, and said unto him,
Draw they sword, and slay me, that men say not of me,
A women slew him. And his young man thrust him through, and he died.

Samson did in Judges 16:29-30

29And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood,
and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand,
and of hte other with his left hand.
30And Samson said, Let me die with the Phillistines. And he bowed
himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords,
and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead
which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.

Saul in 1 Samuel 31:4

4Then said Saul unto his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through
therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse me. But his
amourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. Therefore Saul took a
sword and fell upon it.

Sauls armourbearer also did in Samuel 31:5

5And when his amourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he
fell likewise upon his sword, and died with him.

Ahithophel did in 2 Samuel 17:23

23And when Ahithophel saw that his counsel was not followed, he saddled
his ass, and arose and gat him home to his house, to his city, and put
his household in order, and hanged himself and died, and was buried
in the sepulchre of his father.

Zimri did in 1 Kings 16:18

18And it came to pass, when Zimri saw that the city was taken,
that he went into the palace of the king's house, and burnt
the king's house over him with fire, and died.

Judas is the last one and most of us know about him
but i will put it here as well

Matthew 27:5
5And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and
departed, and went and hanged himself.

Ok so we know that it is in the Bible and we have read about it right?
So we search through the Bible to find if it is frowned upon or not.
Here in Gen. 1:26-27, 2:7 Ps. 8:5 it proclaims the sanctity of life.
Let me show you..

Genesis 1:26-27

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them

Genesis 2:7
7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Psalm 8:5
5For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.


And here it will show us where we are to choose life not death.....
Deut. 30:15, 19
Deuteronomy 30:15
15See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

Deuteronomy 30:19
19I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Here it shows where God reserves the right to giveth or taketh life
Job 1:21 and Exod. 20:13

Job 1:21
21And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

Exodus 20:13
13Thou shalt not kill.
Here we see where Christians are called for steadfastness in the

midst of trial. 2 Cor. 12: 7-10, Phil 4:11-13 James 1:2-4
2 Corinthians 12:7-10

7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Philippians 4:11-13
11Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
12I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

James 1:2-4
2My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

John saw in Rev 9:6 that in ladder days men would chose death
over life... Moses, Elijah, Job and Jonah all asked the Lord
to take their lives but God refused. Simon and Paul
also wanted to be in Heaven but were content in
staying on earth until God chose to bring them to heaven.
So we see through out the Bible that God teaches life.
He does not want us to take our lives for He alone
is the only one who has the right to take or give life.
So i ask you all before you make a decision and act upon it
to please get some help. We are here to support you but
we are not councelors so we all we can do is listen and make suggestions...
Know that each of us are here with you and are praying for you..
prayers and luv.. jenny

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Samson's suicide is an heroic act. Would American Christians see Islamic suicide bombers in the same way?

Surely God sees what is in the heart and mind of the dying person and that would have a bearing on some poor soul's salvation or damnation?

6:55 PM  
Blogger my_angel_eyes3 said...

Only God can see what is in the hearts and mind of these people... as an american i know that i do not know all that is happening over there and i also know that what we are shown and what we read are not the full facts at all.. i do not condone what they do but i do not judge either.. We will never know the true mission of God or the answers to many things until the day we go to heaven.. feel free to email me if you want.. prayers and luv.. jenny

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey anonymous your statement is flawed. Islamic suicide bombers PURPOSELY target innocents, Samson did not.

Jacques

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home