Sunday, July 24, 2005

Love??

Love
by jenny dobson
how can i love
when i feel no love
how can someone love me
if i dont love me
how do you learn to love
when you've never felt love
how do you give love
when you've never been given love
love is a strong emotion
is there really such a thing
how do you know it is love
when it can be the opposite thing
when someone says i love you
how do you know it's real
for is there such a thing
as someone loving me
when someone says i love you
why do i start to laugh
what is this thing called love
and is it meant to last


I wrote that pome on love a few years ago.
Sometimes i open it and share it with others just to show where
i was at at that point and time. I have grown alot
and would like to also beable to let God work
through me so that others can too grow as i did.

In 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 it tells us what love is...
let me share that with you...

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy,
it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is
not selfseeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record
of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but it rejoices
with truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always persevers.

But lets go a little bit more into detail of each one.....

First love is long-suffering - which means it does not seek revenge...
How many of us in the past have wanted revenge on our abusers?
I know that i use to want it and if you are honest with yourself
you will agree that you either use to want it too or you still want it...

Second love is kind - which i we all know what that means....

Third love does not envy - which means it is not jealous of others
or things it does not have

Fourth it does not boast - which means it does not promote itself
or talk about oneself.. I think Pauls says it better in Phil. 2:3
"3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in
humility consider others better than yourselves.

Fifth Love is not proud - which i know you know what it means
but let me add that we are to avoid even the appearance of evil.

sixth Love is not rude or selfseeking - which i am taking to mean that
we put others before ourselves. We seek to be there for them and not
just be there for ourselves or out own agendas.

Seventh love is not easily angered - which
means we are not easily irritated or angered
We show paitences and understanding.

Eighth love keeps no record of wrong doing - which
pretty much means we forgive and don't hold a grudge right
and it overlooks wrongs or insults...

ninth love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth -
which i take to mean love does is not happy with wrong doing or injustices
but it is happy, it protects, it trusts, it hopes and it persevers.


Now i'm hoping and praying that so far you all are still with me....
You see many of us and i even in the past feel we are owed love because
of what we went through in the past... But that is not true and we all know that..
We go from feeling we are owed it to feeling nothing but contempt for it..
I ask you, how many of you struggle with relationships? with trust?
how many struggle to have faith or to even hope?
Today i am 32 years old.... I have my children...
I have my relationship with God.. which still needs alot of work...
and i have my family.. but i have no husband...
I hope that together we can start building and trusting again..
i pray this post has helped you in some way.. May God Bless you...
prayers and luv.. jenny

5 Comments:

Blogger Remembered Thief said...

Thanks for your thoughts .... don't you also think it's interesting that everything in the 1 Cor 13 passage is about actions, things you do, not feelings ? I sometimes wonder if we wrap "love" in so much soft-focus and cotton-wool that we miss the heart of it .... doing stuff ?

2:57 AM  
Blogger my_angel_eyes3 said...

I tend to think i agree with you.. i spent a better part of my younger years yearning for that love you read about in those romance novels.. then i found the Bible and i brought Jesus into my life.. now i sometimes tend to think that many people believe love is what you give a person or how much that person can give you.. if you know what i mean... we have lost track of what it really means... prayers and luv.. jenny

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, I agree with your poem, not your beliefs as of now. Love is dangerous. You have to trust to love and I cannot trust. Just lately I got screwed, so no thanks.

Devan

ps, good job on the poem

10:41 AM  
Blogger my_angel_eyes3 said...

Devan, i'm so sorry that you got messed over.. there are alot of wonderful people who you can trust.. me as one.. you are my brother no matter what and i love you... i am also here for you.. you know how to get ahold of me... thank you for your kind words about my poem.. i liked yours as well on your site.. i'm just sorry for what you are going through.. you mean alot to me.. and you mean alot to Jesus.. prayers and luv.. jenny

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, and thanks. I know I can talk to you, but trust is so hard for me. But thanks for being nice to me.

Devan

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home